With the current progressive momentum and defined goal in promoting better urban design mapped out by HKIUD to which I have served for four years and my experience in other professional institutes carrying similar pursuits, I aim at leading and working closely with the forthcoming HKIUD’s Council in bringing HKIUD to a higher platform for positive changes in the ecology of the urban built environment, through:
- Continual efforts in advocating the mainstreaming of urban design in major government decisions on built environment
- Paving ways and ultimately striving for the recognition of Urban Designer as a profession in recruitments and LegCo Functional Constituency.
- Keeping HKIUD members informed and informing stakeholders on current best urban design measures and practices
- Contributing views on public affairs related to better urban design and livability
- Continual efforts on "Actions for Active Ageing - urban design for all"
- Facilitating young urban design professionals in interfacing with employers and stakeholders.
- Strengthening digital interface and communication channels such as website, social media platform or apps with members, stakeholders and the wider community who are passionate about the betterment of our city environment.
- Strengthening our networking with the media, other local and non-local professional bodies, and proactively reach out the wider community for positive publicity on HKIUD
Mr. Joel CHAN